Monday, August 29, 2011

Woah. In a good way.

All Good Things Die in L.A.All Good Things Die in L.A. by Anhoni Patel

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


All Good Things Die in L.A. by Anhoni Patel truly lives up to it’s title. The book chronicles the sobering stories of three individuals; united both by their patronage to a small Hollywood eatery and their dreams of “making it” in Los Angeles.

Patel’s unrestrained and hauntingly realistic storytelling made this book difficult to put down. I was completely mesmerized by her straight forward, crude approach to debauching the American dream. The ending left me emotionally raw and yearning for more.

I completely recommend this book for a quick and dramatic read, preferably if you are interested in a completely captivating train wreck. My only complaint is that it was very short. Regardless, I know I’ll be looking forward to reading more from Anhoni Patel.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment