Tuesday, August 23, 2011

From a few months ago but totally worth a review.

The Idiot Girls' Action-Adventure Club: True Tales from a Magnificent and Clumsy LifeThe Idiot Girls' Action-Adventure Club: True Tales from a Magnificent and Clumsy Life by Laurie Notaro

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I chose this book entirely based on the title. I figured it was another semi-sappy chick lit book with some injected humor and a happy ending. I had read Spooky Little Girl a few months back and enjoyed it enough to try something else from Laurie Notaro. I’m am so damn happy I did.



The Idiot Girls' Action-Adventure Club is a HILARIOUS collection of short articles Notaro wrote for a weekly humor column. There were parts of this book that made me laugh so hard I shook, cried and peed a little... in public. I’ve even tortured my friends and relatives reading excerpts because I think some sections (ie. the public bathroom one) are just too funny to keep to myself.



I think anyone who can appreciate a little self-deprecation and sarcasm should read this book, or at least try. There is sure to be some section that will have you laugh out loud.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment