Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Hooray for Book Clubs!

As I've mentioned before, I read a lot. Like borderline addiction a lot. I've been enjoying the recommendations from the BOTN blog but my guiltiest pleasures are YA books.

Why? Why more vampires,
 Amanda Hocking??
I feel sort of creepy typing this, but I've taken it upon myself to join a YA book club on the Goodreads website. It is complete with little hearts and smileys but also surprisingly decent conversation on books! I may be a decade older than most of the participants but it feels nice to discuss what I normally consider embarrassing reading. This month had a few books suggested; The Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld, Wither by Lauren DeStefano and My Blood Approves by Amanda Hocking. I've read the Uglies series a few months ago and enjoyed it but I just don't know about the other books. Particularly the book My Blood Approves. I don't mean to complain as the book was only ninety nine cents on kindle, but what is it that is so appealing about vampires?! I haven't brought myself to read Twilight and I've only seen parts of the movies. I just think I'm more of a zombie kind of girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment