Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Another old book review that I've been meaning to type out

Twenties GirlTwenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I really wasn’t sure I would like this book when it first came out. I’ve read every other book by Sophie Kinsella but for some reason “Twenties Girl” just didn’t seem appealing. I finally bought it on my Kindle but waited a few more weeks before trying it out.



At first I really didn’t like it. I thought Lara came off as hopelessly mopey while Aunt Sadie bordered on being obnoxious to an offensive degree. I kept reading, however, and I’m glad I did.



Kinsella’s books are definitely a little formulaic, but I ended up enjoying this book anyway. Once I got into it I found that I liked the little references to the twenties! Would I say this is my favorite book by this author? Not by a long shot. It was a nice fluffy read with enough of Kinsella’s wit to make me finish. I wish I could give it three and a half stars.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment