Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My brain DOES NOT approve

My Blood Approves (My Blood Approves, #1)My Blood Approves by Amanda Hocking

My rating: 1 of 5 stars


I don't even know where to start on this book. I read this for a YA book club, mostly because it was only one dollar on Kindle. The book is about Alice, a seventeen year old girl who is over emotional and not very smart; overall just bland. The book begins with her and her party girl friend Jane getting caught in a situation that of course require male rescuing. Enter Jack; a 24 (!) year old punk/slacker who saves the girls and takes a shining to Alice. I found it very creepy that Alice basically gets stalked by some older guy but her mother and brother have no problem with it. I guess Amanda Hocking thought that by making Jack no smarter than a 5th grader it would cancel out the age difference.

I gave this book one star because I finished it. I didn't think the writing was very good due to the amount grammatical mistakes. I guess I would recommend it to anyone who hasn't already gotten enough vampire and needs something to fill the Twilight shaped hole in their heart.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment